- Malaysia Baptist Theological Seminary was established on 11 January 1954 at 35, Anson Road, Penang with three teachers and four students.
- Dr. Greene W. Strother was the first president.
- Mr. Carl Yarnell was elected the second president.
- Purchase of 14 acres of gently undulating land at Batu Ferringhi.
- Student enrollment grew to twenty.
- Dr. Minor Davidson became the third president.
- Dr. Robert C. Covington was appointed fourth president.
- Dr. B. C. Thomas was elected the fifth president.
- The seminary adopted a constitution, motto, anthem, and seal.
- Dr. Wayne Siao became the sixth president.
- BTS Singapore branch was set up.
- Dr. Amos Lee Ying-Pak became the seventh president.
- The Asia Theological Association (ATA) gave full accreditation to the Bachelor of Theology and Diploma programs.
- MBTS became a teaching branch of the ABGTS.
- MBTS, BTS (Singapore) and BTS (Thailand) jointly offered the Doctor of Ministry and the Doctor of Sacred Theology degrees.
- Dr. John Ong became the eighth president in May.
- The School of Trans-Cultural Mission (STCM) was launched.
- The Mission Research and Training Centre (MRTC) was established.
- The World Christian Foundations (WCF) Program was launched in partnership with the US Centre for World Mission.
- Pastoral Renewal and Research Centre (PRRC) was set up to assistpastors and full-time workers.
- The first biennial general meeting of the Malaysia Association of Theological Schools (MATS) was held at MBTS on 12th April.
- MBTS Master's degrees M.C.S. & M.Div. were accredited by ATA.
- A record high of 176 students enrolled surpassing the projection of 150.
- MBTS in partnership with Compassion International launched the Graduate Program in Holistic Child Development
- In order to meet current and projected needs, phase 1 and 2 of campus development projects were launched with renovation of old buildings and construction of new ladies' dormitory.
- MBTS Klang Valley was established. The number of students for both on-campus and off-campus programs exceeded 500 and the number of full-time teaching faculty members reached 17. Malay Language track started. Publication of MBTS' Theological Journal (Vol.1)
- MBTS celebrated its 50th Anniversary.
- The Malay Language Resource Center established.
- Youth Ministry launched in partnership with Youth Ministry International and Graduate Counseling Program begun in partnership with Christian Heritage College, Brisbane., Australia.
- MBTS partners with Singapore BTS to begin the China Mission Programs at Singapore BTS campus.
- MBTS celebrated its 55th Anniversary.
- MBTS and Gospel Operation International partner to set up of the Cross-Cultural Mission School at the Klang Valley Branch to equip more Chinese speaking missionaries.
- The Korean Global Leadership Institute and MBTS partner to offer the Doctor of Missiology program in Korean Language.
- Transfer of the seminary campus land title from IMB to Local ownership.
- MBTS celebrated 60th Anniversary.